Lasik Surgeon Of the Year Two Years in a Row! – 2011 & 2012
Dr. Yaldo is a board-certified ophthalmologist and laser surgeon whose expertise, skill and reputation have made him a highly sought-after surgeon and leader in the field.
After graduating with distinction from the University of Michigan in 1983, Dr. Yaldo attended medical school at Wayne State University in Detroit, where he received his medical degree with Alpha Omega Alpha honors recognition. Following his internship at William Beaumont Hospital, Dr. Yaldo fulfilled his residency in Ophthalmology at the renowned Kresge Eye Institute. He completed his post-doctorate fellowship in Glaucoma and Complicated Cataracts at Pacific Presbyterian Medical Center in San Francisco. Then, at Minnesota Eye Consultants in Minneapolis, Dr. Yaldo further advanced his education and training in the field of refractive and vision correction surgery. Today, he is affiliated with the DMC and Oakwood Hospital and Medical Center in Detroit, Michigan.
Dr. Yaldo stays at the forefront of modern technology and techniques in laser surgery and has implemented modifications to the Lasek procedure which he teaches to other surgeons. Dr. Yaldo is firmly committed to providing the highest quality care and greatest results for every Yaldo Eye Center patient.
Professional memberships include:
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- International Society of Refractive and Vision Correction Surgeons
- Michigan Society of Refractive Surgeons
Areas of Specialization and Innovation:
- Lasik surgery using four of the most advanced lasers with custom Wave Front technology
- Lasek surgery for patients with corneas that are too thin or too flat and who are not candidates for Lasik
- Implantable Contact lenses (ICLs) for patients with severe myopia
- Highly advanced vision correction procedures including Laser Cornea Reshaping, PresbyLasik and Conductive Keratoplasty
- Cataract surgery using multifocal lens implants to restore crystal clear vision and eliminate the need for trifocal glasses. Only a select, limited number of Michigan doctors are trained to perform this procedure.
- Clear-corneal cataract surgery for faster recovery time and fewer post-operative restrictions
- Leading-edge laser glaucoma treatment to end the inconvenience and expense of eye drops